Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Glaze trials and tribulations

Recently have been messing around with new glazes. I am looking for oxidation recipes for my new kiln.
This is a random glaze. Different materials were picked out of a hat and different quanities were picked out out a hat. Most of the time they don't work, and the exercise is to make it work. These ones did work in Oxidation at Cone 10. The reduction tests are still to come and they probably won't work because it has lots of zinc and zinc doesn't do reduction. This recipe has barium in it so no good for functional wear. Will look to replace this material with something else to make it safer.

This is the glaze analysis for my random glaze

Green Apple glaze found in book in a line blend. I thought this glaze would be more matt. I was fired at Cone 10 oxidation. Reduction results are still to come but they should work too.

Glaze on glaze prefired tests on Keanes 5B. This is to be fired in reduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment