Thursday, October 25, 2012

Is a blog worth it?

Since blogs have started they have just exploded with people wanting to communicate with the cyber community. Personally I started my blog as a record of my journey not really expecting anyone else to read it. Mainly I record when I have finished work so I can look back and see when I did what. Now I also record some process. Mainly so it keeps me going. I know I'm going at a snails pace at the moment but that's all I can do. I am working two days a week doing some work experience which I enjoy and even though it's not my own work its great to have my hands in clay and see work going through the kilns. I am learning a lot about the business of clay. It's an eye opener.

It is funny how I came to this point. When I thought about having kids I thought all my personal aspirations would be put on the back burner. However for me it's been the opposite. I have been able to explore different avenues. Of course it couldn't be done without the help of my family and support of my husband and of course bruiser himself. He is a very happy contented and flexible boy. Without all of these things wouldn't be able to do much aside from parenting.

I don't read many other blogs or sites. Which probably shows and I really should. However I do flick through them. I read a blog here or there, but in saying that I think that's how I use the Internet and come to think of it I also read magazines the same way so maybe that's just me.

I think a blog is worth it at the end of the day even if it just ends up being a personal journal which people can choose to be a part of.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I enjoy reading your posts now and then and I've found blogging to be a way of keeping inspired and have joined a group blog, Mud Colony http://www.mudcolony.blogspot.com.au/ which you might like to check out. I like your stripey plate, nice shape and colours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna. I am really wanting to do more, but its tricky with a 6 month old and working part time. I am a memeber of Mud Colony on Facebook and have found it a great little community. I also like reading the posts. Is that you featured on Mud Colony today? I'll have to have a read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, yes that was me - and very tricky 4 u with a baby and p/t work!

    ReplyDelete