Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Status of affairs

ok I need to recap on a few things.

At the moment I have some red terracotta test bowls in a bisque firing. I will get them out tomorrow. These have a white engobe on them and I will then need to test some clear glazes on them to figure out what glaze to use or whether the engobe does what I want it to do - which is stay white and one the bowl.

There are a few clear glaze options with this one

1. Cesco mid fired clear - have tested this before and is ok but not really excited
2. Chrysanthos mid fire clear - haven't tested but its at TAFE
3. My own - C1 - this hasn't come up great with the terracotta ts not overly transparant (can be seen in an earlier blog)

New texture for origami bowl


Brown terracotta bowl test and some little test ribbons in front to test some clear glazes etc...


Another testure for my origami bowls

Also in the bisque firing is some clay shrinkage test which will need to be documented.

There are some red terracotta mugs that will need to be glazed with a clear glaze or something!!

At TAFE is a white clay test that Chris gave me that will need to be bisqued

More work is needed on my non functional project - I have discovered two glazes I will use on the objects but it would be good to have a few more glazes Slate Dry Blue and Tomatoe red - test bowl posted earlier

Need to do a test with Slate Dry Blue and Tomato Red brushed on 5B and fired to cone 6 as the last bowl test I did was dipped. I probably won't be able to dip the pieces I am working on by maybe able to spray?? Talk to Chris

Need to make and bisque some terracotta tests and some BRT

BRT project is a plate with a crawling white glaze

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment